What is Alpha Direct’s Business Insurance all about?
Protect your business
Business's portable property insurance covers the loss of, or damage to your business's portable property while anywhere in the world by any accident or misfortune. It provides wider cover for business items that are regularly taken away from the insured premises e.g. Cell phones.
Business Interruption Insurance protects your business by settling the operating costs including wages in the event of a loss. It covers for any financial losses incurred as a result of an interruption to your business caused by an insured peril like fire. *An indemnity period is normally selected, which would offer a settlement for the loss of profit until your business is operating at the level it was before the loss occurred.
- Third Party : We will indemnify the insured up to but not exceeding the amount specified against such sums which the insured shall become legally liable to pay as damages consequent upon accidental bodily injury to or illness of third party. Accidental loss of or damage to property belonging to third party occurring in direct connection with the construction or erection of the items insured.
- Material Damage: We will indemnify the insured in respect of such loss or damage as hereinafter provided by payment in cash, replacement or repair (at our own option) up to an amount not exceeding in respect of each of the items specified. The sum set opposite thereto and not exceeding in any one event the limit of indemnity.
- Goods in Transit: This covers loss of or damage to goods/Property owned by the client or for which they are responsible whilst they are being transported anywhere within the territorial limits.
- Workmen’s Compensation: What if your employee tripped and fell off the stairs? Are you protected? This policy covers the legal liability owed to employees in terms of the Worker's Compensation Act of Botswana arising out of and in the course of their employment.
With ALPHA DIRECT’s workmen’s compensation your employees are compensated if they become injured or suffer a scheduled disease which results in them being temporarily or permanently disabled or if they pass away whilst engaged in the work that they have been employed to do.
- Office Contents: It protects the movable property that your business owns that is inside the premises, or outside, if it is designed to exist or operate externally against fire, lightning, thunderbolt, explosion and other additional perils stated.
- Buildings: This is a cost-effective way of making sure the immovable structures your business owns are properly protected.
*The policy covers office buildings including sporting and recreational structures, gates, posts, fences and tarred or paved roads, driveways or parking areas, etc, against losses of damaged cause by the insured perils. This cover is also extended to cover public liability to a limit of P1, 000,000.00 and loss of rent to a specified limit.
- Accounts Receivable Insurance: The cover compensates your business if it cannot trace amounts owed to it due to loss or damage of its books of accounts or other business books or records at the premises or at the residence of any director, partner or employee or the premises of any of your business's accountants as a result of an accident or misfortune.
- Theft Insurance: It covers loss of or damage to all contents of your business's insured buildings at your insured premises as a result of theft accompanied by forcible and violent entry into or exit from such building. It insures that your business goods will be covered against robberies and burglaries.
- Money Insurance: It covers loss of or damage to any negotiable instruments, including cash, cheques, money orders, credit card vouchers, as well as postage and airtime vouchers.
- Glass Insurance: This covers accidental damage or loss to internal and external glass (including mirrors) and sign writing.
- Fidelity Insurance:This cover protects your business against losses suffered due to fraud by employees. Please note that the maximum amount that will be paid under this cover by ALPHA DIRECT for all losses that are incurred by your business shall not exceed the sum insured whether involving any one employee or any number of employees acting in collusion or independently of each other.
- Accidental Damage Insurance: It's a unique extension to cover your business goods against accidental loss and damage.
- Public Liability Insurance: It protects your business against damages which it may become legally liable to pay consequent upon accidental death or bodily injury to or illness of any person, or accidental loss of or physical damage to property which occurred in the course of or in connection with the business.
- Electronic Equipment Insurance: This cover offers first-class protection in the event of loss or damages to all of the electronic business equipment, including computers, laptops, licensed software, scanners, printers, copiers and fax machines.
- Motor / Fleet cover Insurance: This cover offers comprehensive, limited and liability insurance on all commercial vehicles, motorcycles, trailers, etc. ALPHA DIRECT will offer your business flexible vehicle insurance that can be tailored to suit your individual needs and budget.
- Motor Traders Insurance: It covers any motor vehicle or trailer owned by or hired or leased or under the control of your business at the time of the accident. *ALPHA DIRECT will cover your business against all sums which it becomes legally liable to pay to third parties as damages resulting from an accident by or in connection with the vehicle, and for accidental damages to customers' vehicles on the premises.
- Professional Liability Insurance: It protects your business against claims for damages that it may become legally obligated to pay to a client as a result of an error or omission in the work provided to the client. *It covers professions like doctors, lawyers, surveyors, hospitals, bankers, insurance brokers, architects just to name a few.
- Aviation Insurance: It covers
1. Hull All Risks
2. Hull War Risk
3. Legal Liabilities to Third Parties and Legal Liability to Passengers.
The policy can be extended to cover Crew Personal Accident and Breach of Warranty. The Hull All Risks section protects against Loss of or damage to Aircraft. Hull War Risk covers damage due to acts of war and other covered perils. Legal Liabilities to Third Parties and to Passengers covers the Insured for all sums which the Insured shall become legally liable to pay, as compensatory damages (including costs awarded against the insured).
- Construction All Risk: Insurance to cover the structure of the building against the effects of construction defects and other risks associated with the building structure.